The following are vintage ads — found at a Parisian flea market by Flickr user mononukleoza — for various French medications and supplements. Some things definitely feel lost in translation here…
1. This looks like like a bad dream. A really, really bad one.
4. Stare into the abyss of this scary man’s mouth and see if you live to tell the tale.
6. If you identify with this image, chances are you need some help. Sérieusement.
7. Either a promotion for an anti-inflammatory drug or an invite to someone’s 50 Shades of Grey book club.
8. An intoxicated, troubled youth considers his poor choices.
9. When you see an Italian maiden whose head has been replaced by a menacing volcano, chances are that LSD is working.
10. No medicine in the world will help you when your ailments are caused by some wacko who is doing voodoo on you.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.