It’s the summer of 1996 and David Letterman on his supposed “day off” decides to take Siskel and Ebert out to the wilds of New Jersey to meet its inhabitants. This is so random. And so cute and hilarious.
2. Let us review the highlights…
3. Siskel and Ebert clean out some lady’s gutters. They’re probably so happy to be doing this in suits on a summer afternoon.
4. Then they visit this woman who is pretty wary about letting them into her house.
5. But she’s fine with having the trio accompany her to the funeral home.
6. They take a break to check for ticks.
7. One of the more involved visits: Siskel and Ebert groom local mustaches.
8. So how was it? Ebert doesn’t give out rave reviews for New Jersey outings.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›