1. You really thought you’d be featured on one of those “Twenty Under Thirty” lists (but now you’re not so sure).
2. Because in your early twenties, you sincerely believed you’d do something meaningful with your life.
3. Singing in the car with your best friend is guaranteed to make you feel ridiculously alive and cool.
4. You’ll say anything when you’re on your 213th job interview.
5. The moment after every job interview feels like the world is falling apart. Probably because you said things that seriously compromise your identity.
6. And when you enter the workforce, you feel like you’re going nowhere.
7. You actually are good with compliments. But you feel you haven’t achieved enough yet to deserve them.
8. When it comes to the deeply unsolvable problems of twentysomething life, you have to joke about it.
9. If you can avoid spending money on something annoying (like coffee filters) you will.
10. In your twenties, you will date the wrong people.
11. You will also sleep with the wrong people. And not remember some of their names.
12. Your excuses are borderline philosophical.
13. You spend entire evenings trapped in your own thoughts.
16. When you’re in a rut, you indulge yourself, OK? You’re allowed to be a slob in your twenties.
17. You do not have your shit together.
18. Your parents have a totally different idea of what your life is like.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️