1. Mike is an astrophysicist who travels several times a week to a “distant” laboratory.
He’s working on the Mars I project (colonization of the planet). Oh, and BTW, the minor at his midwestern university was botany.
2. This is basically just a big projector. It’s like a really annoying version of iPhoto.
3. This is the home computer. It is a wall of switches. And the children never, ever play around with them.
The home computer “is secretary, librarian, banker, teacher, medical technician, and bridge partner…”
4. Kids go to school only two days a week. (What?! So unfair!)
This kid, Jamie, gets the rest of his schooling from the home educational center where he gets to watch a lot of TV.
5. Well, he still has to take quizzes on his computer.
7. They at least got this right. While listening to his school lecture, Jamie watches cartoons on YouTube.
8. Lunchtime! While Karen’s husband nags her over Skype, she looks through the computer to see food options
WUT! There’s no-calorie beer in the future? Beer me! The downside of this is that all the food is frozen. Yuck.
9. Online shopping!
10. This is the equivalent of being a super Apple geek.
11. This is kind of cool — a machine on which you can hand-write something and have it automatically transmitted.
12. Oooh, this is perfect for hypochondriacs. A scanner that takes your vitals and tells you if you’re developing a disease.
13. Jamie plays chess against the computer. Fool. THE COMPUTER ALWAYS WINS.
14. The family has a party and their friends from Paris and other far-away places pop in for the evening.
Then some guy makes them all watch some iPhone footage he took of the last concert he was at. Typical.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- The U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, has voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.