1. Here’s a British news segment from the 1970s exploring a new trend — platform shoes.
2. This new style of footwear was apparently quite shocking at the time.
3. And quite divisive. Certain people thought they were detrimental to your health.
4. While others thought they were great fun for all sorts of people. Here’s a young fan explaining the varied demographic:
5. Of course, our intrepid reporter couldn’t file a story without proper research, and so he tries platform shoes out himself.
C’mon. Why are you walking so weird? It’s not that hard.
6. Check out the entire segment on platform shoes here:
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?