1. Here’s a British news segment from the 1970s exploring a new trend — platform shoes.
2. This new style of footwear was apparently quite shocking at the time.
3. And quite divisive. Certain people thought they were detrimental to your health.
4. While others thought they were great fun for all sorts of people. Here’s a young fan explaining the varied demographic:
5. Of course, our intrepid reporter couldn’t file a story without proper research, and so he tries platform shoes out himself.
C’mon. Why are you walking so weird? It’s not that hard.