Before L.L. Bean championed the ’90s fleece pullover, the mail order company, founded in 1912, primarily sold hunting, fishing, and outdoorsman gear. Here’s what the catalog used to look like.
3. A momma raccoon and a baby raccoon stealing some unsuspecting campers’ food? Clever AND adorable.
5. A camper spilling coffee after seeing two curious baby bears? That’s pretty freakin’ adorable.
6. An old man pretend-shooting a gun with a dead fox on the floor? WHAT IS GOING ON.
7. A grandfather and his son spending quality time together? Well done, well done.
11. Not sure what’s going on here, but that kid looks happy, so this is adorable.
12. Oh, puppy! Can’t blame you for following your natural doggie instincts, but…oh dear.
14. This extremely tense dog who looks as though he has anger management issues? Terrifying.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.