1. When, as a tiny, mere child, she took the stage at LA’s Laugh Factory, clearly fueled by 12 Snickers bars.
2. When, at 13, she wore an abundance of butterfly clips — stars: They’re just like you!
3. In 2000, when she wore beauteous platform flip-flops to the Rugrats in Paris premiere. No fancy Hollywood footwear for this gal!
4. When, in 2001, she was the picture of purity for Teen magazine’s “All About You” special issue.
5. And in the interview Amanda did with “All About You,” she showed off her drawings.
6. And she also said the following in that article:
Let’s talk clothes. When did you start drawing your own fashion designs?
I’ve been drawing since kindergarten. As I watch a fashion show or an awards show, I copy what I see. The Oscars have the newest fashions — that’s the show I look forward to the most.
What’s the easiest thing to draw and what’s the hardest?
I’m not very good at drawing feet, but I think I’ve perfected drawing eyes. And I’d like to work on my noses. The easiest are lips, but I rarely ever show teeth — oh, teeth are hard! Whenever I draw them they look like dentures, and really big.
7. When she turned sweet 16, and began exploring the exciting world of tube tops.
Teen mag 2002
8. In 2002, Amanda really liked tube tops. She wore them in black.
10. When she allowed Teen People to do a makeover on her in 2003 when she clearly didn’t even need it.
12. Witness her youthful exuberance, her carefree nature, the good, clean Americanness of Miss Bynes as she poses with pink balloons.
13. Observe Amanda’s commitment to camaraderie as she bonded together with other Hollywood teens and tweens for a very important 2003 issue of Vanity Fair.
15. And here, witness the tipping point wherein she is the picture of the early 2000s.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️