1. Here’s Charlie Chaplin at his daughter’s wedding in 1969!
Daily Express/Archive Photos / Getty Images
2. A 1962 bride waits for her ceremony to begin.
Michael Stroud/Express / Getty Images
3. Sporting a mini-wedding dress in 1968.
John Minihan/Evening Standard / Getty Images
4. The wedding of Countess Anne Marie Jeanne de Chauvigny de Blot (you know her, right!) in 1968.
Keystone/Hulton Archive / Getty Images
5. Most. Amazing. Hair. Ever. Elizabeth Taylor’s 1964 wedding to Richard Burton.
William Lovelace/Evening Standard / Getty Images
6. A photo from 1966 shows a bride in a long-sleeved style gown. Bring those back!
Gerti Deutsch / Getty Images
7. The beautiful Martha Boss, who was apparently a top bridal model.
Leonard Mccombe//Time Life Pictures / Getty Images
8. Another London bride in a gown that’s just too good.
Brian Seed//Time Life Pictures / Getty Images
9. 1968 newlyweds.
Lambert / Getty Images
10. 1966 was a year to be pretty in pink.
Bob Gomel / Getty Images/Time & Life Pictures Creative
11. So pretty: vintage Paris and a bride in a sweet dress.
Alfred Eisenstaedt/Time & Life Pictures / Getty Images
12. Check it out: Here’s Shirley Bassey (singer of “Goldfinger”) on her wedding day to Kenneth Hume.
Bentley Archive/Popperfoto / Getty Images
13. A 1960 dress style that’d still work today.
Cloyd Teter/Denver Post / Getty Images
14. Love everything about this bride’s sleek dress and ‘do.
Bob Jackson/Denver Post / Getty Images
15. Not quite a real wedding, but still so cool looking: Candice Bergen on set of the The Adventurers in 1963.
Mondadori Portfolio via Getty Images
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greeks will decide on Sunday whether they will accept sweeping new austerity measures, which are being pushed by creditors as a requirement before the country receives further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.