1. The most expensive/valuable Beanie Baby by far is a first-edition Princess Diana Beanie Baby. There are several on eBay, many listed in the six-figure range. The highest one is going for $350,000.
3. If you have one of these tie-dye ones, you can sell it for about a year’s salary.
4. Another hot item — the Valentino Beanie Baby, but it’s worth the most if its tags are MISSPELLED.
5. Surprisingly, the prototypes — the very earliest Beanie Babies, which did not come with certain tags — are rare but not worth quite as much. They seem to sell in the $5,000 range.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›