2. Another 1940 view of the same location, as seen on Silver Lake Blvd., with Berkeley on the right.
3. This 1938 view is pretty similar to today — this Schindler-designed complex still stands on Griffith Park Blvd.
7. Oh my goodness! In 1945, there was an amusement park called Lucas Kiddie Land located at 2521 Riverside Drive.
9. A photograph from 1932 shows a gas station at the address 2861 Sunset Blvd. Now there is Tom’s Burgers, which has since closed for business.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)