2. Another 1940 view of the same location, as seen on Silver Lake Blvd., with Berkeley on the right.
3. This 1938 view is pretty similar to today — this Schindler-designed complex still stands on Griffith Park Blvd.
7. Oh my goodness! In 1945, there was an amusement park called Lucas Kiddie Land located at 2521 Riverside Drive.
9. A photograph from 1932 shows a gas station at the address 2861 Sunset Blvd. Now there is Tom’s Burgers, which has since closed for business.
In The News Today
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015. ›