2. You don’t identify as being either Gen X or Gen Y, but when pressed, you’d rather be seen as a Gen Xer.
3. You feel your identity is slightly mixed up, like millennials are the bubbly, naive side of you, and Gen X is the cynical, pessimistic side.
4. You’re a Nirvana fan, but you weren’t old enough to go to a show (or your parents wouldn’t let you).
7. Gen X had The Electric Company, Gen Y had All That, but you had You Can’t Do That on Television.
10. Whenever Time has done one of these huge generation pieces, you never feel as though they’re talking about you.
13. And you didn’t get a cell phone until you were at least 22… Meanwhile, your little sister had already had one for a couple years.
15. You saw Reality Bites and were sure that that was what your early twenties was going to be like.
16. And then it totally was.
17. You may use OkCupid, but you’re paranoid that someone you know will see your profile.
21. You feel torn between valuing the old and completely embracing the new.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›