1. Have you guys heard of this Y2K thing?
2. Is that like a new group?
Like Boys II Men or S Club 7? Are they any good?
3. Nooo. It stands for Year 2000. Basically, the Computer People didn’t think ahead.
And computers can only recognize years with two digits. So when we hit the year 2000, they’ll just see 00 and think it’s 1900. And this is bad. Very, very bad.
4. Actually, we don’t really know what’s going to happen.
BUT STILL. It could be bad.
5. The computers will get confused and break.
And all our communications and electronics will go crazy. You won’t be able to go anywhere or do anything and nothing is going to work.
7. And your VCR won’t be able to record “Road Rules” or anything anymore.
Ugh. I hate you, VCR.
8. Basically the world is headed for complete and utter chaos.
And now you have to prepare for the impending anarchy.
9. You have some time to prepare, so your basement starts to look like this.
10. Your mom has you make a list of all the appliances in the house.
12. And then makes you call all the manufacturers to make sure that they are Y2K compliant.
(Which you don’t do, because by now you’re all, Mom. Chill.)
13. Your mom also wants you wearing one of these (for no apparent reason).
14. Better take out a bunch of cash, because the ATMs will be useless.
15. Whatever you do, when the clock strikes 12, don’t be in an elevator.
17. Because you never know.
18. But you’re still going to party on NYE, so you go out (in these glasses) and wait. What…will…happen?
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️