2. Oh, and of course, long-legged people who need the front seat are always grateful when you volunteer to fit in the back.
3. You can shop in the petites section AND the regular section.
4. And you’ve been known to sometimes shop in the kids’ section. (Cheaper!)
5. You pretty much never have to worry about being taller than your date.
7. Because you have a low center of gravity, you’re less likely to topple over.
10. You never have to worry about bumping your head on stuff…unlike that unfortunate Stormtrooper on the right. :(
11. You can get lower to the ground when challenged to a game of limbo.
12. Evidence suggests that shorter people live longer lives.
And there are numerous claims about short people having fewer health issues.
13. Short people actually experience things faster than taller people.
According to one neuroscientist, taller people take about one-tenth of a second longer to perceive sensory information, which makes sense when you think about it — short people would have shorter neural pathways, meaning the distance information travels to your brain is much shorter.
14. Even though reaching things may be an issue, tall people always seem to be friendly enough to help a stranger out.
15. You can always hem long pants shorter…but you can’t make too-short pants longer. So, you win.
16. You’ll never have to worry about blocking someone’s view in a movie theater.
17. You can be an expert couchsurfer because you’ll always fit on a sofa.
18. People tend to mistake you for being younger than you are (at least, in your early twenties this seems to happen a lot).
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›