1. Here’s what happens when you take to the streets of New York wearing an R-Zone LCD gaming system (last popular in the ’90s) and tell people it is Google Glass. Spoiler alert: They believe you because you’re wearing a Google shirt.
2. Here is a scan of an old ad for the R-Zone — as you can see the LCD gaming headband features a glass-like plate in front of one eye.
3. Here’s an R-Zone commercial from the ’90s. I totally remember this and thought, “The future has arrived!”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️