1. Here’s what happens when you take to the streets of New York wearing an R-Zone LCD gaming system (last popular in the ’90s) and tell people it is Google Glass. Spoiler alert: They believe you because you’re wearing a Google shirt.
2. Here is a scan of an old ad for the R-Zone — as you can see the LCD gaming headband features a glass-like plate in front of one eye.
3. Here’s an R-Zone commercial from the ’90s. I totally remember this and thought, “The future has arrived!”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Radical UK preacher Anjem Choudary has been charged with encouraging support for ISIS, Scotland Yard said.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.