Here, a collection of covers from the R.L. Stine’s famed Goosebumps series, ranked by their level of disturbing-ness.
25. Scarecrows: Never scary to birds, always creepy to humans.
24. OK, this is to be expected of R.L. Stine. I give it a 5 on the chill scale.
23. It would be scarier if the wax museum was Madame Tussauds and it was a haunted Paris Hilton wax figure.
20. Will make you terrified to ever reach for anything but the detergent at the front of the cabinet.
15. Did we really read this stuff as kids? It looks truly terrifying.
10. This is what I imagine happening every time I get into a body of water, so thanks, Goosebumps. Never swimming again.
8. Don’t think of this image as you’re falling asleep. Just don’t…crap.
4. Nor this. It’s not quite the hiked-up pants nor the suggestion of slight man boob…but rather those teeth. Get away, Teeth!
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.