3. A couple taking a stroll on what was actually called Lover’s Lane, 1896.
4. An 1873 illustration of a view on Central Park.
5. A panoramic view of the Terrace as it appeared in 1902.
8. Actual sheep in Central Park! (Taken sometime between 1900 and 1906.)
9. Curling in winter, near the turn of the century.
10. A view of the boat pond, taken sometime between 1900 and 1915.
11. The corner of 5th Avenue and 57th Street, with the entrance to the park in the distance.
12. Um, yes those ARE goat carriages carrying children in 1904.
13. Why yes those ARE adorable children and donkeys in Central Park.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›