1. Horseback riding sometime around 1910.
2. An 1895 stereographic print of children enjoying a park fountain.
3. A couple taking a stroll on what was actually called Lover’s Lane, 1896.
4. An 1873 illustration of a view on Central Park.
5. A panoramic view of the Terrace as it appeared in 1902.
8. Actual sheep in Central Park! (Taken sometime between 1900 and 1906.)
9. Curling in winter, near the turn of the century.
10. A view of the boat pond, taken sometime between 1900 and 1915.
11. The corner of 5th Avenue and 57th Street, with the entrance to the park in the distance.
12. Um, yes those ARE goat carriages carrying children in 1904.
13. Why yes those ARE adorable children and donkeys in Central Park.
14. A 1903 boat ride in a lush, lush setting.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›