1. London hairstylist Raymond Bessone, aka Teasie-Weasie, was a celebrity hairstylist, known for supposedly inventing the bouffant as well as creating over-the-top, architectural styles. He also, as you can see, experimented with two-tone color.
2. Kind of makes you think of this, right?
5. You’re seeing it now, right?
7. One of those is “Caesar Flickerman’s” color of choice…just sayin’.
9. Whoa. Yes.
10. And here as well.
12. Katniss’ interview up-do before entering the arena.
13. Raymond also introduced this hairstyle detail which he called “The Moustache.”
14. O hai, Effie.
15. And Raymond took to showcasing his creations in elaborate ways.
17. Which has to remind you of this…which was essentially one giant fashion show.
18. To learn more about Raymond Bessone (who for all intents and purposes appears to be the original Cinna)…
Be sure to click through the image below to watch the British Pathé video.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.