1. London hairstylist Raymond Bessone, aka Teasie-Weasie, was a celebrity hairstylist, known for supposedly inventing the bouffant as well as creating over-the-top, architectural styles. He also, as you can see, experimented with two-tone color.
2. Kind of makes you think of this, right?
5. You’re seeing it now, right?
6. Here’s Raymond’s midnight blue with silver-hued top up-do.
7. One of those is “Caesar Flickerman’s” color of choice…just sayin’.
9. Whoa. Yes.
10. And here as well.
11. A braided cherry red look created by Teasie-Weasie.
12. Katniss’ interview up-do before entering the arena.
13. Raymond also introduced this hairstyle detail which he called “The Moustache.”
14. O hai, Effie.
15. And Raymond took to showcasing his creations in elaborate ways.
16. Like having court jesters pull models in baskets around.
17. Which has to remind you of this…which was essentially one giant fashion show.
18. To learn more about Raymond Bessone (who for all intents and purposes appears to be the original Cinna)…
Be sure to click through the image below to watch the British Pathé video.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›