1. London hairstylist Raymond Bessone, aka Teasie-Weasie, was a celebrity hairstylist, known for supposedly inventing the bouffant as well as creating over-the-top, architectural styles. He also, as you can see, experimented with two-tone color.
2. Kind of makes you think of this, right?
5. You’re seeing it now, right?
6. Here’s Raymond’s midnight blue with silver-hued top up-do.
7. One of those is “Caesar Flickerman’s” color of choice…just sayin’.
9. Whoa. Yes.
10. And here as well.
11. A braided cherry red look created by Teasie-Weasie.
12. Katniss’ interview up-do before entering the arena.
13. Raymond also introduced this hairstyle detail which he called “The Moustache.”
14. O hai, Effie.
15. And Raymond took to showcasing his creations in elaborate ways.
16. Like having court jesters pull models in baskets around.
17. Which has to remind you of this…which was essentially one giant fashion show.
18. To learn more about Raymond Bessone (who for all intents and purposes appears to be the original Cinna)…
Be sure to click through the image below to watch the British Pathé video.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›