1. The shark scene in The Little Mermaid
That Ariel was exploring creepy abandoned ships was already super unsettling… like you knew there was evil in there. AND THEN THERE WAS. Go away, Scary Shark!
2. When Belle’s dad gets lost in the woods in Beauty and the Beast
Whenever a Disney character ventures into the woods by himself = bad news.
3. The climax of Sleeping Beauty
See what I’m saying about that woods stuff? The entire ending of Sleeping Beauty is terrifying. But there’s something super nasty about those thorny woods. You know the prince will defeat the villain… but you could legit get stuck in those thorns and die.
4. The shipwreck scene in Pocahontas
The lessons taught to you by so many Disney movies: Avoid boat travel at all costs.
5. The alley fight scene in Lady and the Tramp
Puppies, nooo!!! Why so angry?
6. Gaston’s attempted courtship in Beauty and the Beast
OMG, dude! Don’t corner a lady like that. You got mad issues.
7. The donkey scene in Pinocchio
Scary thing No. 1: Young boys turn into donkeys (must be painful).
Scary thing No. 2: That scary monster man.
Scary thing No. 3: Then the donkey-boys turn into slaves… they are sold off to work in salt mines. WTF.
8. The murder attempt in Snow White
Just consider the following… there are hit men in Disney movies.
9. The battle scenes in Pocahontas
Put this one under the category of: Disney Movie Scenes Depicting Angry White Men with Fire and Weapons.
11. When Cinderella gets locked in her room by her Evil Stepmother
The claustrophobic horror of being completely trapped?! Not knowing when you’ll be able to eat, drink, or pee next? Good lord.
12. The Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland
Jeez. This chick. Would kill you and wouldn’t even have the courtesy to do it in your sleep.
13. When the villagers storm the Beast’s castle in Beauty and the Beast
Have you come to the realization yet that everyone in this movie was ruled by a culture of fear?
14. Everything about The Horned King in The Black Cauldron
Go home, man! You’re freaking me out!
16. “A Night on Bald Mountain” in Fantasia
Evil spirits rising from the grave… completely chilling and haunting.