2. In the early ’90s, you sometimes looked like a kindergartner. You carried the look of youth so beautifully.
3. Occasionally, your mane changed colors, once a rich orange, like a magical sunset.
4. You dared to go blonde, you platinum ice goddess.
5. You championed the art of the dual bun…
Steve Eichner / WireImage
6. Causing us to wonder if those miraculous chignons were in fact radio transmitters communicating with heaven.
7. Some days, you were a punk princess, threatening all evil-doers who dare come near your pointy hair-points.
8. Other days, you were a classy, refined lady who made the lumpy head look nothing short of elegant.
Kevin Winter / Getty Images
9. Your frontal mohawks sang as loudly as your divine voice.
Tim Mosenfelder / Getty Images
10. And you could often be unrecognizable.
Mike Marsland / WireImage
11. But we feared not, knowing you’d always make a return to your trusty mini-buns. We salute you, Buns of Björk.
Junko Kimura / Getty Images