1. 1992: A star is born.
At a mere 4½ years old, Jordy becomes an international sensation for looking like a baller in a high chair and singing of the difficulties of infancy — parents always telling you what to do, when to sleep, when to bathe. Millions identify with his struggle.
2. Now, let us listen to Jordy’s potent (yet catchy!) spoken-word masterpiece….
This pearl makes Jordy the youngest singer to have a No. 1 single. A 5-year-old devout fan tells French newspaper Le Monde of Jordy’s impact as a voice of his generation, saying, “Monsieur Jordy maa naalla gggrrrd ppeh peh non non aieee!” Translation in English: “Jordy goo goo ga ga aieee!”
3. Jordy’s stage parents and costars of his video:
4. Romance knows no age.
In the “Dur d’être bébé” video, Jordy, in typical rapper style, recruits a fine honey to be his girl for the day. Years later, James Cameron would use this image as inspiration for one of the greatest moments in cinematic history: the “I’m flying” scene in Titanic.
5. 1993: “Alison,” Jordy’s next hit
A veritable toddler-ized version of Justin Bieber, in “Alison,” Jordy sings of his lady friend, Alison, who is better than Caroline and Charlotte but kind of equal to Marilyne. Alison is “beautiful and tan.”
6. 1993-1996: “La ferme de Jordy”
In 1993, Jordy’s evil, mercenary parents use Jordy’s money to finance “La ferme de Jordy” (“Jordy’s Farm”) in Normandy, a petting zoo filled with miniature animals. They close the park in 1996 in failure, and they divorce later that year.
7. 2005: Reality star or star of reality?
Jordy comes back into the public eye by joining the cast of the French reality TV series La Ferme Célébrités, in which B-list stars are cut off from the world and put on a farm. Whoever can withstand such rural torture the longest is the victor — and awards the charity of his choice with his generous winnings. Naturally, our hero Jordy wins.
8. 2006: Jordy pens a tell-all autobiography.
On the brink of his 18th birthday, Jordy shows off his dazzling literary talents. In his book, Je ne Suis Plus un Bébé, Jordy explains to the world how he is “no longer a bébé.”
9. 2006–present: J’s comeback and Jordy and the Dixies
Now 25, Jordy continues to create music. He made his musical comeback with a solo single, “Je t’apprendrai,” a pop-rock ballad. He now plays with his band, Jordy and the Dixies, a pop-punk-ish ensemble.
10. Jordy and the Dixies, “L’Heroine”
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.