1. Seinfeld: Between 1994 and 1997, Cranston played a small, recurring role of Tim Whatley, a dentist who converts to Judaism just for the jokes.
Here’s a clip of Bryan Cranston’s Seinfeld character:
2. That Thing You Do: In this 1996 Tom Hanks movie, Cranston played an uber-small part of astronaut Gus Grissom, who is interviewed moments before The Wonders perform on a live TV show.
3. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch: In this Season 1 episode in 1997, Cranston played a hilarious Witch Lawyer who was called in to help Sabrina get out of a marriage contract with a troll.
Bryan’s Sabrina appearance starts around the eight minute mark:
4. Excedrin commercial: As the trustworthy guy who thought he’d “never stop using Tylenol.”
5. Here’s Bryan in the video for the They Might Be Giants song, “Boss of Me,” which makes sense because it was the Malcom in the Middle theme song.
6. KidSmartz: Bryan was the host of these educational DVDs which taught children about the dangers of kidnapping and the Internet.
7. Atari commercial: You can see Bryan for a split-second in this Mega Force Atari 2600 commercial.
8. Preparation H: In the ’80s, Bryan had hemorrhoids.
…but he at least knew what to do about them.
9. And this is apparently Bryan’s voice on Power Rangers. I can kind of hear the Walter White in it…kind of…
In The News Today
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›