The Morgan Library in New York has apparently acquired nine previously unseen letters between author J.D. Salinger and a pretty, twentysomething fan named Marjorie Sheard. Posted between 1941 and 1943, the details of the letters can be read about in The New York Times (they did not post the letters in their entirety; you’ll have to head over to the Morgan to see them yourself). But here, some of the saucy excerpts, which give you a better idea of J.D.’s suave man style.
1. Get right to the point.
2. Ask the right questions.
3. Be confident in your hotness.
4. Show your sensitive artist side. You’re not materialistic.
5. Throw in a probably made-up story to make her jealous.
6. Tell her she’s special.
7. Emphasize your genius…but be humble about it. This will rope her in for sure.
- The Republican candidates for president will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time after Donald Trump's runaway win in the New Hampshire primaries.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.