The Morgan Library in New York has apparently acquired nine previously unseen letters between author J.D. Salinger and a pretty, twentysomething fan named Marjorie Sheard. Posted between 1941 and 1943, the details of the letters can be read about in The New York Times (they did not post the letters in their entirety; you’ll have to head over to the Morgan to see them yourself). But here, some of the saucy excerpts, which give you a better idea of J.D.’s suave man style.
1. Get right to the point.
2. Ask the right questions.
3. Be confident in your hotness.
4. Show your sensitive artist side. You’re not materialistic.
5. Throw in a probably made-up story to make her jealous.
6. Tell her she’s special.
7. Emphasize your genius…but be humble about it. This will rope her in for sure.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›