1. Your field trips were here. Also, you laughed at the stupid tourists who paid the full ticket price. Real New Yorkers know it’s donation-based.
2. You saw this everywhere. (But had no idea what it meant.)
3. You hung out at the Chelsea Piers bowling alley because they served beer and their method of “checking IDs” was to inspect your credit card. Or library card. Any type of card, really.
5. And the subway often looked like this.
6. And you needed one of these to ride it.
8. Nobody lived here. And you think it’s kinda weird that they do now.
10. After school, you and your friends would try to get on “TRL.”
11. You got to experience the original FAO Schwarz. Not the sham it is today.
12. St. Mark’s was a cool place to hang out. Now it’s totally cheesy. Actually it was cheesy back then too, but we just didn’t know it.
14. Cartoon Network supplied you and your friends with delivery weed.
15. If you were too cool for school, you went to shows here.
18. Eeyore’s bookstore was the best.
19. Did you also get your fake ID at some super-sketch men’s clothing store on Christopher Street?
25. This was your backyard.
26. And this was your skyline.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›