1. Your field trips were here. Also, you laughed at the stupid tourists who paid the full ticket price. Real New Yorkers know it’s donation-based.
3. You hung out at the Chelsea Piers bowling alley because they served beer and their method of “checking IDs” was to inspect your credit card. Or library card. Any type of card, really.
5. And the subway often looked like this.
Hulton Archive / Getty Images
6. And you needed one of these to ride it.
8. Nobody lived here. And you think it’s kinda weird that they do now.
10. After school, you and your friends would try to get on “TRL.”
Frank Micelotta / Getty Images
11. You got to experience the original FAO Schwarz. Not the sham it is today.
12. St. Mark’s was a cool place to hang out. Now it’s totally cheesy. Actually it was cheesy back then too, but we just didn’t know it.
14. Cartoon Network supplied you and your friends with delivery weed.
19. Did you also get your fake ID at some super-sketch men’s clothing store on Christopher Street?
25. This was your backyard.
Mario Tama / Getty Images
26. And this was your skyline.
Al Bello / Getty Images
In The News Today
- About 6,500 refugees have reached Austria. Austria and Germany said on Friday that stranded refugees in Hungary could cross their borders. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›