The things that made people jealous, presented here in chronological order…
1. American Girl Dolls
Bonus points if you had extra outfits and sets.
3. Tricked-Out Barbie Bikes
That came with super-cool extras like makeup sets and attachable pouches.
4. Barbie Power Wheels Car
Didn’t you so desperately want to ride to school in one of these?
6. These Fancy Pencil Cases
Because they were so much cooler than those plain old zipper-style ones.
9. Dear Diary
Or any one of the slew of electronic diaries of the ’90s.
11. Having a TV in Your Room
12. Anything from the Pottery Barn Teen Catalog
Once you got sick of that canopy bed.
13. Hard Candy Nail Polish
Because it was 20 times more expensive than Wet ‘n Wild.
14. Your Own Phone Line with Your Own Answering Machine
Let’s not talk about all those “creative” greetings you came up with.
16. Juicy Couture Tracksuits
18. These Bags
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›