Paris in black and white may win in the nostalgic and dreamy departments. But seeing these rare, full color photos of Paris between 1907 and 1930 is downright eye-opening. These were shot in direct color using the Autochrome process developed by the famous Lumière brothers.
3. The Grand Palais, an historic exhibition site where Chanel usually has its fashion shows.
9. An entrance to the Place des Vosges looks eerily similar to how it does today.
10. Looking down Quai des Orfèvres, you can see the top of Notre Dame in the distance.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›