Paris in black and white may win in the nostalgic and dreamy departments. But seeing these rare, full color photos of Paris between 1907 and 1930 is downright eye-opening. These were shot in direct color using the Autochrome process developed by the famous Lumière brothers.
3. The Grand Palais, an historic exhibition site where Chanel usually has its fashion shows.
9. An entrance to the Place des Vosges looks eerily similar to how it does today.
10. Looking down Quai des Orfèvres, you can see the top of Notre Dame in the distance.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.