On the ’90s murder mystery TV show, Twin Peaks, Log Lady went everywhere with her clairvoyant log…
The log. It had answers. Together, they spoke the truth.
1. The log has seen things.
2. Well, if you want to know about those things, ask, damnit.
3. But timing is everything.
6. Especially this kind of food.
7. Um, does no one seem to get that the log has something to tell you?
8. The Log Lady’s questions are often unanswerable.
Whoa…what IS creamed corn?
9. The log is of legal drinking age. At least.
Or has a good fake ID that allowed it into this bar.
10. Do not ask Log Lady to help you network. If you want to meet the log, the log has to want to meet you.
12. She’ll do the talking. You be quiet.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›