1. The message on your answering machine was the chorus from “Spiderwebs.”
Sorry I’m not home right now / I’m walking into spiderwebs / So leave a message and I’ll call you back.
2. At one time or another, you wore a sari.
4. Your henna tattoo efforts were valiant but amateurish.
5. You maybe didn’t dye your hair this blue color, but it inspired you to make everything sky blue: your nails, your eyes, your lips.
6. Like fellow Gwenhead Laris Oleynik, this is how you dressed for the school dance. (With a cardigan over your midriff before leaving the house.)
7. This was your away message in 2004.
8. Mini buns. So many mini buns.
9. You experimented with Manic Panic in “Hot Hot Pink.”
10. You posed for pictures like this: belly slightly exposed, hip forward, hand at the waist of your pants.
11. You almost wanted braces.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.