1. The message on your answering machine was the chorus from “Spiderwebs.”
Sorry I’m not home right now / I’m walking into spiderwebs / So leave a message and I’ll call you back.
2. At one time or another, you wore a sari.
4. Your henna tattoo efforts were valiant but amateurish.
5. You maybe didn’t dye your hair this blue color, but it inspired you to make everything sky blue: your nails, your eyes, your lips.
6. Like fellow Gwenhead Laris Oleynik, this is how you dressed for the school dance. (With a cardigan over your midriff before leaving the house.)
7. This was your away message in 2004.
8. Mini buns. So many mini buns.
9. You experimented with Manic Panic in “Hot Hot Pink.”
10. You posed for pictures like this: belly slightly exposed, hip forward, hand at the waist of your pants.
11. You almost wanted braces.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️