Here, some “Teen Magazine” covers from the ’60s and ’70s.
What we wouldn’t give to be able to read them all cover-to-cover. Since we can’t, we can at least guess at what was inside.
1. No Diet. Chubby Chicks Look Slimmer In Minutes! How?
The obvious answer here would be Spanx. But since those weren’t around back then, our next best guesses: fun house mirrors, sucking in your gut, chopping off your entire behind.
2. How To Be An Actress Part I: Via Broadway
Thankfully, the final installment of this series never made it to publication: How To Be An Actress, Part V: Sleeping Your Way To The Top.
3. Judo And The Single Girl
An inspiring tale of how Carrie Bradshaw was able to find happiness, not through a man, no, but through the ancient Japanese combat art: Judo. And the uniforms are cute, too!
4. Love — Computer Style. Are You Ready For It?
Since this is the ’60s, this probably means going on a date with HAL.
5. Kathy Davis & Furry Friend
The Paris and Nicole of the ’70s.
6. The Pow-Wow Look. Fringe Benefits — Cowboys And Indian Clads
Or: How To Put Together The Most Stupid Outfit You’ll Ever Wear.
7. The Weight-Ing Game
In which you and your friends flirt with eating disorders and become ravenous hyenas. It’s like The Hunger Games except it’s high school.
8. He Loves Me…He Loves Me Not. Find Out!
The definitive guide to finding a mate involves this game of reasonable deduction, proven to be 8 percent more accurate than a Magic 8 Ball.
9. Confucius Say: “Girl With Fall Have Ball!”
Not even gonna try this one.
10. D’Jeaver Eat A Hoagie?
Elvis, Shmelvis. What’s way more interesting is the cover line, D’Jeaver Eat A Hoagie? We’re dying to know the answer. But even more important: Who is this D’Jeaver?
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.