1. If you tell someone “let’s hang out,” follow through.
Flakiness is not a good look.
2. The middle is definitely the primo seating area.
You can’t hear in the back, and your computer screen is a little too visible in the front. Also, you’re 100% less likely to get called on to answer a question. This is science.
3. Divide work amongst your study group so everyone does a share…
…but don’t micromanage everyone’s contributions, or you’ll probably end up studying alone.
4. Body spray is not a shower substitute.
If you haven’t yet learned this mighty lesson, it is time.
5. Use the communal appliances! You’ll meet people.
But don’t microwave smelly foods there. Not everyone loves catfish curry.
6. Explore alternative modes of transportation at your own peril.
Yeah, it’s fun, but do you really want to be known as the “big-wheel tiny-wheel bike dude”?
7. There’s nothing wrong with talking about high school in college…
…but you probably shouldn’t start every personal anecdote with “Back in high school…”
8. It’s totally cool to jam in someone else’s dorm room. That’s how the best bands in history started.
But don’t overstay your welcome. People need their quiet time.
9. Dress comfortably. You have the rest of your life for business casual!
But, like, there is a definite line you shouldn’t cross.
10. Take the time to read something outside of your coursework.
You have total access to a massive library with all the books you could ever want. Literally all of them. Take advantage of this. One day, you will miss it.
11. If you’re a gamer, invest in some quality headphones.
You don’t want to be “that guy” who keeps the hall awake at night.
12. EAT. HEALTHY. (Most of the time.)
You are forming habits that will affect your health and well-being later in life. Of course, a cheeseburger now and again never hurt anybody…
13. And lastly, take the time to befriend your professors. They’re super cool.
BUT DON’T refer to your professor by his or her first name. Even if they say it’s OK, it is not.
Pick a computer that’s right for you.
It’s time for a laptop that’s more powerful, more durable, and more flexible. Explore Lenovo’s line of award-winning PCs.