1. Sub-zero temperatures? Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Humans cooled these microscopic beasts to just above ABSOLUTE ZERO (0.05 Kelvin), and the water bears lived to tell the tale.
2. 302 degrees Fahrenheit? No problem!
Water bears can live in conditions far hotter than boiling water.
3. No food or water for ten years? Water bear don’t care!
Though they prefer mosses and moist conditions, water bears can handle being only 3% water.
4. Crazy, suffocating gases? Come at me bro!
Humans forced these guys to spend time with carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and sulfur dioxide.
5. Intense radiation? Yeah buddy!
Humans have exposed water bears to crazy amounts of solar, gamma, and ionic radiation.
6. 40,000 kilopascals? Water bears are cool under pressure.
That’s a lot of pressure!