1. You’ve forgotten what sunlight looks like.
2. Lunch is eaten at your desk…if it’s eaten at all.
And it’s not always the best…
3. You’re making some slightly dumb mistakes due to exhaustion.
Email, in particular, is a continual risk.
4. You can’t remember the last meal you cooked.
Takeaway it is!
5. Friends have stopped even trying to get you to do things.
Worse, you don’t even really notice.
7. Coffee is pretty much the only thing keeping you upright.
8. You’re looking forward to meetings, just to get away from your email.
9. Conference calls are time to multi-task on other work.
Assuming you don’t get asked a question while not listening. Which you will.
10. Even your boss is starting to get worried about you.
Though that’s no excuse for this cruel and unusual punishment.
12. Though let’s be honest, you’d spend it checking email anyway…
(Actually Scaremail is an extension to disrupt NSA surveillance. Check It Out)
13. Dramatic quitting videos are bookmarked on your browser.
You’ve got a song planned and everything.
14. You’re also becoming less and less tolerant of your co-workers.
15. You’re becoming increasingly familiar with times you didn’t previously know existed.
Who knew Tuesday had this many hours?
16. Your work is consistently penetrating your dreams.
It’s hard to even be sure what’s real anymore.
17. Logging timesheets is an epic task.
No, I don’t remember what I did at 7:36 on Thursday five weeks ago. I was at work though, pretty sure of that.
18. Lack of sleep means you’re actually coming up with some awesome ideas.
Briefly awesome. Then terrible.
19. Alcohol has stopped being fun, and is now mostly therapuetic.
It’s not good therapy, but still.
20. There is no chance that you’ll take any more work on.
Except you will, because you have to.
21. Staring at a computer is the only hobby you have left.
23. You’ve given up on actually getting all the work done.
It’s Sisyphus for the digital age.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?