1. The combination of pride and shame felt when your friend reminds you this is the third time you’ve had Chipotle this week.
You’re mostly overcome with pride though. Chipotle is life.
2. The exhilaration of pulling up to the mecca that is Chipotle.
There are chips, salsa, and burritos in your near future. Heaven is for real.
3. The impending stress once you see the line is longer than the Apple store the day the new iPhone is released.
Why don’t they have drive-through?
4. The empowerment felt after you give yourself a motivational pep talk while taking your place in line.
That steak burrito is calling your name and you will literally do anything to get it. The wait and crippling hunger pains are worth it.
5. The frustration that settles in as you see Chipotle newbies taking their sweet time.
Yes, you can order black or pinto beans! Yes, there are three different types of salsa. WHY IS THAT A DIFFICULT CONCEPT TO GRASP?
6. The searing rage that courses through your veins as hanger takes over.
You are reaching your limit. You want your burrito and you want it now.
7. The euphoria of approaching the counter, smelling the delicious fixings, and ordering your meal.
Yes, I’ll have a burrito with white rice, steak, peppers, half pinto, half black beans, two kinds of salsa, cheese, corn, and guacamole. All of the guacamole. Can I have a side of guacamole too, please?
8. The heavenly satisfaction of taking that first bite.
Everything is burrito and nothing hurts.
9. The delicious pain of forcing yourself to continue eating, even though your stomach told you it was full ten minutes ago.
No regrets, just love — and guacamole.
10. The struggle faced when you discover you’re so full, you need to be rolled back to your car.
Food babies. Food babies everywhere.
11. The relief felt after you get home and plop on the couch for the rest of the day.
Food coma powers activate!