1. Blasting your friends with SuperSoaker
2. Slipping down a Slip-N-Slide
And adding soap to make it more slick.
3. Running through a sprinkler
While wearing all of your clothes.
4. Riding around on a Razor scooter
And having to wear shoes because the brake would burn your bare feet.
5. Drawing with sidewalk chalk
You were a legitimate ARTIST.
6. Chasing after an ice cream truck
The hardest decision of your life was trying to decide what type of ice cream to order.
7. Hopping over the Skip-It
And the pain you would feel when it accidentally hit your leg.
8. Getting around using roller blades
Getting around your neighborhood was suddenly so much easier.
9. And turning your neighborhood into a skate park with your roller skates
And the scars you still have from your falls.
10. Driving around with your Power Wheels
And all the ROOM you had for your other toys to ride with you!!
11. Using your jump rope in the backyard
Cinderella dressed in yellow…
Went downstairs to kiss her fellow.
12. Having a Nerf Gun war
And then trying to find all the darts.
13. Taking your Mermaid Barbie to the pool with you
And pretending you were both mermaids, hanging out.
14. Wearing water floaties
SEE YA IN THE DEEP END, SUCKAS!
15. Spending hours in a kiddie pool
The water was always warm and welcoming.
16. Driving up and down your sidewalk in your Cozy Coupe
Your FIRST car.
17. Going down a water slide
And the fear you felt as you began to get closer to the bottom of the slide.
18. Walking around in your Moon Shoes
And how freaking cool you felt wearing them.
19. Taking “pictures” on your Fisher Price Toy Camera
And your parents being glad you couldn’t ACTUALLY take pictures.
20. Jumping on the trampoline
And having dirty feet all summer because of it.
21. Watching your Sky Dancer dolls fly
And making them fly again and again.
22. Making Sno-Cones with the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine
Which made the best Sno-Cones ever, obviously.
23. Learning to ride your bike with training wheels
And the moment when you left the training wheels behind.
24. Having water balloon fights
And seeing the aftermath of balloon pieces all over the yard.
25. Listening to music outside on your Discman
And having your music skip every time you ran.
26. Catching fireflies
And being amazed at how your hand lit up.
27. Eating otter pops
And asking everyone if your tongue was a different color after eating one.
28. Having your parents apply sunscreen
And having to reapply it EVERY TIME you swam.
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.