1. Ikea sells one Billy bookshelf every 10 seconds. It is the company’s most popular product.
2. Ikea uses approximately 1% of the world’s entire commercial supply of wood.
3. Ingvar Kamprad, the founder of Ikea, has a net worth of $4.2 billion.
4. Kamprad was once denied entry at a gala when he showed up to receive a Businessman of the Year Award because he had arrived via bus.
5. Kamprad also once admitted to having Nazi ties as a member of the fascist New Swedish Movement between 1942 and 1945.
And in 1994 he wrote an apology to his entire company.