1. Because of Paul George who has an average of 21.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
And killer arms, just saying.
2. And because of David West making Chris Bosh look like this.
3. Because of Miami flops like this.
4. And Miami flops like this.
5. …and Miami flops like this.
6. Because of David West’s fantastic facial expressions.
Always upset. That is why we love him.
7. Because of George Hill, hometown hero born and bred in Indiana.
Broad Ripple High.
8. Because of Lance Stephenson and his gallop down the court.
So much GOLD swagger.
9. And Lance Stephenson’s choke gesture toward Lebron.
Giving credit where credit is due.
10. Roy Hibbert and his dedication to Pacers fans.
See: Area 55.
11. Because the Pacers mascot Boomer is much cooler than the Heat’s mascot, Burnie.
Really no competition.
Prime example: Here is Boomer doing sweet tricks and casually breaking backboards because he is THAT BADASS.
12. Because Larry F*cking Bird is the current president of the team.
Basketball legend No. 1.
13. And before that it was Donnie Walsh for god’s sake.
Basketball legend No. 2.
14. Because the Pacers play as a team.
Not as individuals… ahem, Miami.
15. Because the Pacers are the underdog… and everyone likes a good underdog story.
The Pacers have never won an NBA championship. It’s time.
16. Because the Pacers roster was built, not bought.
Bring your game, not your name.
17. Because in 49 other states it’s just basketball, but not in Indiana.
It’s so much more.
18. And because being a Pacers fan is becoming part of a family. Pacers fans will always be there through thick and thin.
Blue Collar Gold Swagger!
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›