It’s officially Awards Season for the film industry. And if you are like me, you are super excited.
And one of the best parts of Awards Season is to check out the AMAZING dresses that these talented people get to wear.
Can you say STUNNING???
But not everyone can look that fantastic on Awards night, no matter how much they try.
Tell me about it.
So in honor of such occasion, here are 24 of the most “OMG WTF IS THAT?” dresses that celebrities have worn many moons ago.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow’s “Look Ma, No Bra” Masterpiece
There’s something missing to this dress and I’m afraid it’s quite obvious. Granted, this may have been a trend in the 90’s, but I feel like even Gwen knows how awkward this dress was judging from her face. Never again, Gwen, never again.
3. Demi Moore’s “Doesn’t-Know-What-It-Wants-To-Be” Ensemble
I don’t get it. Is it a dress? Is it bicycle shorts with a cape? The world may never know.
4. Chloe Sevigny’s Mixed-Matched Outfit
I don’t know where to even start. The black sequins? The booty shorts? The weirdly-placed layers? This is just confusing.
5. Lara Flynn Boyle’s Ballerina Costume
Now, if she was an ACTUAL ballerina, no issue here. BUT THIS IS AWARDS SEASON, LARA.
6. Celine Dion’s “Business In The Front” Suit.
Let me begin by saying I LOVE Celine Dion. But I do not love this. I mean, points for thinking outside the box but STILL…
7. Angelina Jolie’s “Vampira” Look
Now, this could have been a flattering dress only if the fabric didn’t cling to random parts of her body. DAT HAIR THO.
9. Courtney Love’s Dress That Looks Like What Happens When You Pull The Tape Out Of A Cassette
10. Kate Hudson’s Lavender Mess
Oh, Katie, how I wished you stuck with a gold strapless and wore your beautiful wavy/curly hair down. However, 10 points to Gryffindor for that Chinese Take-Out Box purse.
12. Uma Thurman’s Ode To Curtains Dress
It looks like table cloth or curtains, tied together with a scarf. But not even this dress can take away from her true beauty. Even the guy in the background is mesmerized.
14. Geena Davis’s Ballgown
More like half of one. Might have been a real number if the front didn’t show so much black-tight covered leg.
15. Lizzy Gardiner’s Credit Card Dress
That’s right. A dress made entirely of Credit Cards. But I’m sure American Express LOVED the advertisement.
16. Charlize Theron’s “My Face Is Up Here” Garb
Another actress whom I adore that decided to wear something a bit distracting. The dress itself is not the worst, but the boob flowers and overall wrinkle-ness kills it for me.
17. Sophia Loren’s Mustard Dress
At least it reminds me of the color mustard. The ruffles don’t help either.
18. Amanda Coigney’s Triangle Appreciation Dress
1) The dress is too big for her small frame. 2) The upwards triangle does no favors to her shape. I feel that if the skirt was half the size it was it actually would’ve been a cool gown.
19. Cher take #2
Yep, our “Believe” girl is on the list AGAIN for this outfit. Perfect if she had a Las Vegas show but this just doesn’t seem appropriate for this specific occasion.
20. Faith Hill As Rainbow Bright
Shape wise, not the worst I’ve seen. But the texture and multi-color pattern just comes off weird.
21. Melissa McCarthy’s “Eh” Dress
I’m actually mad that I had to put this on here, because I felt Melissa deserved a better dress than this. It hardly gives her any shape besides being a gray square. She should have worn a dress that made her just as beautiful as the woman she is.
P.S. Just another example of how I think designers discriminate against “bigger-than-stick-thin” women. sdjifeijsnesojfrjofow0wjcn
22. Mena Suvari’s “It’s A Bird” Gown
It’s like the dress wants to suffocate her. And again, NO SHAPE.
23. Kim Basinger’s Marshmallow With Sleeves Ballgown
Wow. So white. Much sleeve. Such volume. Wow.
24. South Park’s Trey Parker and Matt Stone
Yes it is true. This is South Park’s creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone attending the 72nd Academy Awards for their Oscar-nominated song “Blame Canada.” But boys - if you want to be fabulous, there are far more flattering choices, mmkay?