1. First go on an insane shopping spree to prep for the evening out.
Max out a credit card or two, just to be EXTRA sure you have everything you need.
2. When you arrive home, have one of those trying-on-a-bunch-of-clothes montages.
Strike some goofy poses and laugh really hard at how hysterical it is to be putting on a fashion show. While you’re at it, blast a super-trendy indie song and dance between wardrobe changes.
3. Check the weather to make sure there’s at LEAST a 65% chance of rain.
Then prance across a field towards each other, leap into your loved one’s arms, and make out like there’s no tomorrow.
4. As you cruise to the restaurant, sing obnoxiously loud while getting all the lyrics wrong.
Roll the windows down and disturb the peace on the quiet, suburban streets. You will no doubt turn some heads.
5. At dinner, order a heaping plate of spaghetti and meatballs.
Do the little noodle-eating thingy because, come on, you’ve always wanted to try that with someone.
6. If you really want to draw attention, practice your bedroom moaning sounds at the table.
Just like Sally did. You will absolutely get some knives thrown at you from fellow patrons, but at least your partner in crime thinks you’re funny.
7. Not feeling an evening out? Stay inside and cook together.
Chase each other around the house with lobsters to discover who’s the more squeamish one.
8. Right before bedtime, practice your “romance lifts.”
Perfect your dirty dancin’ skills by reenacting some of these classic moves.