1. Lakers player and Spaniard Pau Gasol tweeted this picture prior to Saturday’s French Open final, in which Rafael Nadal handily defeated David Ferrer. Ferrer and Nadal are also Spanish.
With 2 Greats before the final! Incredible tennis players and amazing guys!! @RafaelNadal @DavidFerrer87 #RG13
2. Let’s talk about how ENORMOUS Pau Gasol is. He’s enormous! (Seven feet tall exactly.) Like, yes, he’s a basketball player, and these guys are tennis players, but he makes them look like 8-year-olds. LOOK AT HIS HANDS.
3. He could pick up both Ferrer (5’9”), in the previous picture, and Nadal (6’1”), below, like they were little stuffed penguins and he was a carnival crane. Neither guy even reaches his shoulder.
4. Gasol also posed with Usain Bolt and Nadal after Rafa took the title, and Bolt looks considerably less minuscule, but still: Pau Gasol is a very, very large human. Also, great hair.
To start off the week, here’s a pic with our champion @RafaelNadal and @usainbolt ! Greetings everyone!
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›