This is Richard Sherman.
A member of the Seattle Seahawks, Richard Sherman is quickly becoming known as 1) one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL and 2) one of its most prolific, vocal trash-talker/trolls. Earlier in the season, he launched a focused meme-attack at future Hall-of-Famer Tom Brady, and after last weekend’s playoff win over the Washington Redskins, Trent Williams punched him in the face. Getting a guy, particularly a 300-plus-pound lineman, to punch you in the face is no small feat, so it begged the question: what did Sherman do?
1. Here’s the punch. I mean, Williams really knocks him.
3. In the live telecast, you can’t tell what happened — just that Sherman got hit, and then he waved a mocking goodbye.
4. But it turns out, the NFL had a really great idea — mic Sherman up for the game. Turns out, he was spraying invective pretty much everywhere — not really a surprise that he eventually got hit.
5. He delivered an admirably concise message to Pierre Garcon after sending him down with a block during the game.
6. Later on, as the Seahawks wrapped things up, Sherman had something to say to the Washington, D.C. crowd.
7. When he and Williams confront each other during the postgame hand-shake, Williams looms over him.
Sherman says, “What you gonna do, boy.” Williams responds, “I’m gonna punch you in your [blanked] face.” Sherman says, “Well do, then.” And Williams does. Afterward, Sherman says, “I didn’t do nothing, he came up to me.”
8. Fortunately, it ends on a good note: Sherman and Robert Griffin, who just tore up his knee, embracing and telling each other how mutually proud they are.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰