The New Mexico Lobos were a 3-seed. The Harvard Crimson were a 14-seed, already overachieving after losing two major players in the preseason due to a cheating scandal. And yet: Harvard pulled off its first tourney win in school history, beating UNM 68-62, much to the disappointment of people calling the Cambridge kids nerds.
16. Here’s when it starts to look like Harvard could pull it off. The tone of the tweets changes a bit.
19. And the best analysis:
20. Which by the end of the game had turned into this:
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›