1. Wednesday night, San Diego State was playing Fresno State in a D-I college basketball state. Whatever else happened is unimportant. All that matters is what’s below.
Jamaal Franklin threw this incredible alley-oop to himself in the flow of play, and unlike most instances of this — which are generally unnecessary and/or counterproductive showboating, a la JaVale McGee — Franklin’s feat actually made sense. By tossing it off the backboard, he drew the defenders’ attention away and cleared a path toward the hoop; because the pass was on target, he then easily slammed it home.
2. Here’s video of the play. San Diego State won 65-62, and the dunk wasn’t the only amazing part of Franklin’s game: the junior guard went for 20 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks.
Well, Victor Dukes — looks like you’ve got competition.
3. America’s response:
I know, right?
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸