1. Thursday night, the Oklahoma City Thunder came back from a double-digit deficit to take the lead on the Dallas Mavericks right at the end. The Mavs had 2.2 seconds to tie. It didn’t look likely. But.
2. Mavs point guard Darren Collison managed to hit a totally improbable and unconventional buzzer-beater to send the game into overtime.
3. Check it out: The ball, which I’ve helpfully highlighted in red, left Collison’s hand with only 0.2 seconds left on the clock.
4. You can tell from Collison’s body language that even he had no confidence in that ball going in. And that’s not surprising — he tossed the shot up about as haphazardly as possible.
5. Here’s one more angle. Unfortunately for Dallas, they’d go on to lose in OT to the superior Thunder, relegating this shot’s relevance to next-day highlight reels. But for that, it’s still quite great.
6. Here’s video of the whole endgame:
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".