1. Thursday night, the Oklahoma City Thunder came back from a double-digit deficit to take the lead on the Dallas Mavericks right at the end. The Mavs had 2.2 seconds to tie. It didn’t look likely. But.
2. Mavs point guard Darren Collison managed to hit a totally improbable and unconventional buzzer-beater to send the game into overtime.
3. Check it out: The ball, which I’ve helpfully highlighted in red, left Collison’s hand with only 0.2 seconds left on the clock.
4. You can tell from Collison’s body language that even he had no confidence in that ball going in. And that’s not surprising — he tossed the shot up about as haphazardly as possible.
5. Here’s one more angle. Unfortunately for Dallas, they’d go on to lose in OT to the superior Thunder, relegating this shot’s relevance to next-day highlight reels. But for that, it’s still quite great.
6. Here’s video of the whole endgame:
In The News Today