1. By now, you’ve probably seen it: Harrison Barnes threw down a Godzilla dunk in the face of Timberwolves big man Nikola Pekovic.
2. But watching the dunk, something else stands out apart from Barnes’ ferocity, and that’s Carl Landry,
3. After the NBA released a video of the slam from five different angles, it becomes even more apparent: Landry is the NBA’s Best Supporting Actor, a peerleader in the vein of Robert Sacre.
See a collection of Sacre’s finest peerleading moments here.
4. Let’s take a closer look. From behind, you can clearly see Landry giving Pek a little lip after Barnes put him on a poster.
5. And here, from the front, we can see the full extent of Landry’s emotions: joy, rage, excitement, empathy, love, hate. The full spectrum of human life is contained in Carl Landry’s peerleading.
6. I’ll let the Academy take it from here.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›