Tonight, the Indiana Pacers and Miami Heat are engaged in a brutally fought Game 2. At the end of the third quarter, things reached a fever pitch: the Pacers’ Paul George drove on LeBron James and then dunked all over Chris “Birdman” Andersen.
3. Of course, LeBron didn’t take this lying down: he responded with a buzzer-beating three-pointer that cut the Pacers’ lead to two.
4. The best part: the two slapped hands right after LeBron’s three. George is an up-and-coming star; LeBron’s the league’s best player. It’s everything that makes the NBA great.
In The News Today
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›