Tonight, the Indiana Pacers and Miami Heat are engaged in a brutally fought Game 2. At the end of the third quarter, things reached a fever pitch: the Pacers’ Paul George drove on LeBron James and then dunked all over Chris “Birdman” Andersen.
3. Of course, LeBron didn’t take this lying down: he responded with a buzzer-beating three-pointer that cut the Pacers’ lead to two.
4. The best part: the two slapped hands right after LeBron’s three. George is an up-and-coming star; LeBron’s the league’s best player. It’s everything that makes the NBA great.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›