In Monday night’s game against Portland, the Utah Jazz completed one of the more improbable alley-oops known to man. I say this because, most of the time, alley-oops are thrown to players near the basket. This is where the two guys involved in this oop started before the pass was thrown.
3. As you can see with your eyes, both of those players, Jamaal Tinsley and Jeremy Evans, are behind the three-point line. How does this work out, then? Watch.
4. Evans plays this more like a wide receiver in football than a basketball player — he sees where the pass is going, runs underneath it, and throws it down. It’s a tremendous mix of coordination and athleticism.
5. Was it more impressive than the time Jeremy Evans dunked over this guy?
Lucy Nicholson / Reuters
6. Yes. Definitely yes.
7. Watch the video of the dunk here.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›