In Monday night’s game against Portland, the Utah Jazz completed one of the more improbable alley-oops known to man. I say this because, most of the time, alley-oops are thrown to players near the basket. This is where the two guys involved in this oop started before the pass was thrown.
3. As you can see with your eyes, both of those players, Jamaal Tinsley and Jeremy Evans, are behind the three-point line. How does this work out, then? Watch.
4. Evans plays this more like a wide receiver in football than a basketball player — he sees where the pass is going, runs underneath it, and throws it down. It’s a tremendous mix of coordination and athleticism.
5. Was it more impressive than the time Jeremy Evans dunked over this guy?
Lucy Nicholson / Reuters
6. Yes. Definitely yes.
7. Watch the video of the dunk here.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️