1. This is Jordan Crawford. He’s a career 40% shooter and the Wizards’ second-leading scorer this year.
2. This is Leandro Barbosa. He tore his ACL earlier this month.
3. And we can thank these two men for spicing up what has so far been a dreadfully dull NBA Trade Deadline.
Celtics will send the Leandro Barbosa expiring contract to the Wizards for Jordan Crawford, league source tells Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski
4. But wait, you say: when you tear your ACL, doesn’t that mean you’re out for the rest of the season?
5. Yes! Yes it does.
6. So wait, you say: the Wizards traded their second-leading scorer away for a guy who won’t play this year, and then his contract ends?
7. Yes! Yes they did. Crawford’s wanted out of D.C. — after being replaced by Bradley Beal, Crawford hasn’t played since February 6, when he scored 0 points in six minutes against the Knicks.
9. The Wizards decided they’d rather save the paltry couple million dollars that Crawford represents over the next year and a half than keep the guy around.
Screencap via Dan Steinberg at the DC Sports Bog
10. Don’t worry about it, Jordan. Just go pack your stuff.
UPDATE: The Wizards will also receive center Jason Collins, who is averaging 1.2 points and 1.6 rebounds so far this year, Wojnarowski reports. So, uh, yeah, that doesn’t really change anything.