1. Ref Mike Carey is calling today’s Indianapolis Colts — Baltimore Ravens playoff game. Someone should tell him that.
I’m sure he just misspoke, but this is one of the NFL’s most experienced referees calling a playoff game. I would think the names of these teams would be second-nature by now.
2. Anyway, go Hoosiers, I guess.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›