1. Adrian Peterson have a very good shot at breaking Eric Dickerson’s record for most rushing yards in a season. Against the Rams, Peterson made that even more likely with this tremendous run.
2. AP gets caught in a bunch about five yards from the line, then bounces left, finding the seam and ending up in open field.
3. After that, it’s all she wrote: Peterson takes the ball 82 yards for a touchdown, which is tied for the longest run of his career.
4. Trot into the end zone, AP. You’ve earned it.
5. Here’s the video. AP’s making a very good case for becoming the first non-quarterback MVP since LaDainian Tomlinson in 2006.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.