1. Today, the Dolphins beat the Seahawks in Miami. But something weird happened. Toward the end of the third quarter, in the middle of play… the sprinklers went on.
2. That’s right: the Dolphins can’t control their sprinkler system. This is an NFL team, I swear.
3. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill took the break as an opportunity to drink from a water bottle. He should’ve put his mouth on the sprinkler.
4. Pete Carroll was pissed, but Pete Caroll’s pretty much always pissed, so that’s not really notable.
5. Eventually, the sprinklers stopped. Play continued. But the Day Of The Sprinklers will never be forgotten.
6. Here’s video of the whole thing.
7. And for reference, here’s the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial in which sprinklers change the outcome of a game. Coincidence? WE’LL NEVER KNOW.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›