1. You probably don’t walk around the world feeling like you have to beware of a paraglider suddenly crashing into you. Maybe you should.
Before a game between top-flight Ecuadorean squads LDU Quito and Barcelona Sporting Club, LDU’s Claudio Quito took a paraglider to the face.
2. Here’s a GIF of the collision which, I have to imagine, must have hurt for both parties involved.
3. It seems like the crowd watching warmups got a kick out of it, because the paraglider then motions for them to cheer and high-fives a nearby dude carrying a sign.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.